The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
FOIA Request Change
A FOIA request must include all the following information:
- Individual (other than one who claims indigency)
- Complete name
- Address – Must be written in compliance with United States Postal Service addressing standards.
- Contact information – Must include a valid telephone number or electronic mail address.
- Person (other than individual)
- Complete name of person’s agent
- Address of person’s agent – Must be written in compliance with United States Postal Service addressing standards.
- Contact information of person’s agent – Must include a valid telephone number or electronic mail address.
A good faith deposit, if required, must be paid within 45 days, or the request is considered abandoned.
To learn more, visit the following URL: http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?mcl-act-442-of-1976.