The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Fiscal Year 2020 Medical Marijuana Operation and Oversight Grants
Media Contact: LARA Communications 517-335-LARA (5272)
November 20, 2019 – The Marijuana Regulatory Agency (MRA) announced today that the Medical Marijuana Operation and Oversight Grant application for Fiscal Year 2020 is now available. Operation and Oversight Grants are to be distributed at the county level for education, communication, and outreach regarding the 2008 Michigan Medical Marijuana Act.
The Michigan Legislature has appropriated a total of three million dollars for the 2020 Medical Marijuana Operation and Oversight Grants. Similar to last year, these grants may not be used for law enforcement purposes. The amount of funds available to each county is calculated based on the number of marijuana registry identification cards issued or renewed in the county as of September 30, 2019, as follows:
Once grant applications are accepted and approved by the MRA, the grant recipients are required to submit quarterly financial status reports and a final report to the MRA. Application information and instructions can be found on MRA’s website.
Counties that wish to apply for these grants must submit their proposal on county letterhead and include the following information:
- Describe the project(s) for which funds are requested, including an implementation plan
- Explain how funds will be used to coordinate efforts with other agencies, if applicable
- Describe anticipated outcomes and what impact these funds will have on the community
- Explain how these funds will be combined with other funding to complete projects, if applicable
- Submit a detailed budget showing how the requested funds will be expended
The Medical Marijuana Operation and Oversight Grant application must be received electronically no later than January 1, 2020 at the following email address: MRA-MMOOG@michigan.gov.