Want to try something new in Michigan’s great outdoors and need some help getting started? Or maybe you just want to brush up on your skills and learn some tips and tricks from the pros? The Outdoor Skills Academy can help! We offer expert instruction, gear and hands-on learning for a range of outdoor activities, from hunting and fishing to hiking, birding and much more. Classes explore each topic in-depth, for a full day or more, with knowledgeable and skilled instructors leading the way. Participants will receive a certificate of completion for each class, with special recognition for Outdoor Skills Academy “graduates” who complete multiple classes.
Both beginners and those with more experience are welcome. Most of these in-depth classes are designed for adults, youth ages 16 and older, and children over 10 who are accompanied by an adult. Please see the age requirements for each class before signing up.
View Classes by Topic
- Mitchell State Park - Waterfowl Hunting Clinic
- Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park - Hiking 101
- Ludington State Park - Snowshoe-Building Clinic
- Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park - Introductory Downhill Skiing
- Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park - Introductory Snowboarding
- Mitchell State Park - Hard Water School (Ice Fishing Class), Feb. 9-10
- Mitchell State Park - Hard Water School (Ice Fishing Class), Feb. 23-24