The DNR, on behalf of the State of Michigan, accepts applications to lease state-owned metallic minerals by direct lease or sealed-bid auction. Types of metallic minerals available to lease in Michigan include, but are not limited to, copper and nickel.
- Sign up for Metallic Minerals Leasing Alerts
- Metallic Minerals Lease (PR 4340)
- Metallic/Nonmetallic Mineral Lease Minimum Royalty Remittance (PR 4227-4)
- Metallic Mineral Lease Annual Production Report (PR 4314)
- Metallic/Nonmetallic Mineral Lease Rental Remittance (PR 4228-2)
- Assignment of Lease(s) (PR 4058)
- Metallic Mineral Royalty & Production Remittance (PR 4230-4)
- Partial Release of Lease(s) (PR 4058-1)
- Full Release of Lease(s) (PR 4058-2)
- Metallic/Nonmetallic Minerals Lease Application & Requirements (PR 4301)
Direct Lease Requests
UPDATE - UPX Minerals Inc. Metallic Minerals Lease Request - Marquette and Iron Counties
In 2017, UPX Minerals Inc. (UPX) of Wakefield, Michigan requested direct metallic mineral leases from the State of Michigan covering Department of Natural Resources metallic mineral rights located in Iron and Marquette Counties.
On April 9, 2019, UPX withdrew their request.
- Weyerhaeuser Company Nomination Map
- Weyerhaeuser Company Direct Lease Public Notice