The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Looking for an interesting, creative and unique volunteer opportunity? Michigan state parks photo ambassadors work hand in hand with the DNR to share and curate beautiful images at Michigan state parks, trails and waterways. Ambassadors help us build a new library of stunning imagery for the state's parks and recreation system by providing photos to the Michigan DNR in exchange for promotion and swag.
- Social media exposure (all ambassadors are featured on Instagram.com/MiStateParks).
- Complimentary Michigan state parks swag.
- Opportunities for your images to be used in official Michigan DNR promotions with credit to you (when applicable).
- Time spent in some of Michigan's most beautiful places.
- Access to our invite-only group.
Ambassadors not only spend time in some of the Michigan's most beautiful places (on their own or with family and friends), but also:
- Share posts from Instagram.com/MiStateParks with your followers every month.
- Provide the Michigan DNR with at least 6-8 high-quality photos per quarter that will become property of the Michigan DNR with credit to you (when applicable).
- Share your own stories about Michigan state parks on your social accounts.
Photo ambassadors should have the following qualities and are selected based on the applications received.
- A love for the outdoors and Michigan state parks, trails and waterways.
- An eye for capturing interesting and engaging photos.
- An ability to post engaging content on social media and to encourage others to visit Michigan state parks, trails and waterways.
- Your own public Instagram account.
*Ambassadors must be 18 or older, must pass a background check and may not be employed by the DNR.
If you have any questions, please contact Stephanie Yancer at YancerS@Michigan.gov.