Silver Lake State Park
About the park:
Silver Lake State Park is home to 2,000 acres of sand dunes, including a 450-acre ORV scramble area, that has been a family-fun destination for generations. Help maintain a safe and enjoyable environment for all visitors by reviewing the park's ORV rules below and the following best practices:
- Wear a helmet.
- Wear a seatbelt.
- Maintain safe speeds and control of your vehicle at all times.
- If modifying a vehicle, make sure safety features such as roll bars are included.
- Respect our natural resources - pay attention to signage indicating boundaries and protection efforts underway.
Dates & hours:
The ORV area is open April 1 - Oct. 31
- April 1 - April 30: 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- May 1 - Sept. 15: 9 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Sept. 16 - Oct. 31: 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Please note: Access to the ORV area and dunes is stopped ½ hour ahead of closing time each evening.
All motor vehicles entering the Silver Lake State Park must display:
- Recreation Passport.
- Michigan ORV license and trail permit.
- Parking lot vouchers: Required on summer weekends and holidays.
Connect with us: