We are seeking volunteer campground hosts in Michigan state parks and rustic state forest campgrounds. In exchange, camping fees are waived. Each volunteer campground host is responsible for 30 hours of service per week, such as answering camper questions, planning campground activities and performing light park maintenance duties.
Campground hosts are screened and interviewed by park managers and selected on availability, familiarity of camping and state parks, special skills and knowledge of the area. Hosts must participate in a two-day training session within the first two years of being selected.
- Both individuals and couples may apply.
- Must be 18 or older and provide your own camping equipment, food and other personal items.
- Ability to work at least five days a week, including weekends and holidays (totaling 30 hours per week).
- Must be able to volunteer for a minimum of 30 days (positions available April through October).
- Must pass a background check.
- Applicants may not be DNR employees.
How to apply
Complete the application and liability waiver below. For state parks and recreation areas, please mail your completed application directly to the park where you would like to host (2020 campground host openings and mailing adddreses found below). For state forest campgrounds, please mail completed application to the address found on the application form. You may apply for positions at more than one park, but separate applications should be completed. Applications are accepted year-round until vacancies are filled.
If you have any questions. please contact Michelle Coss via email or call 517-881-5884.
Join the Campground Host Facebook Group