Subscribe to Showcasing:
Topics range from fishing and hunting to history and outdoor recreation. This is a weekly feature story sent on Thursday.
- Volunteers prove Michigan Cares for Tourism at Fort Wilkins
The Michigan Cares for Tourism program was started in 2012, partnering with the DNR and others to form an all-volunteer workforce that donates time, resources and effort to help restore Michigan's historic attractions.
- Coordinated effort aiding Houghton County storm recovery effort
The state’s coordinated ongoing rebuilding and restoration efforts are producing positive results in the wake of a 1,000-year flood that ravaged Houghton County in June, 2018.
- Exploring 'States of Incarceration' at the Michigan History Museum
From Sept. 8, 2018, through May 19, 2019, the Michigan History Center, a division of the Michigan Department of Natural Resources, is hosting a national traveling exhibition called States of Incarceration at the Michigan History Museum in Lansing.
- Showcasing the DNR: Getting wild in the classroom
With another school year beginning, some people may not know the Michigan Department of Natural Resources provides numerous opportunities to help teachers make valuable connections between the state’s natural and cultural resources and students of all ages.
- Showcasing the DNR: World's first freshwater test site for 'smart ships' launched in Lake Superior
The new Marine Autonomy Research Site (MARS) will serve as the world’s first freshwater location for testing unmanned (autonomous) surface and underwater vessels for operation in Great Lakes and U.S. coastal waters.