Subscribe to Showcasing:
Topics range from fishing and hunting to history and outdoor recreation. This is a weekly feature story sent on Thursday.
- Michigan Natural Resources Trust Fund may have made your favorite park or trail possible
In the 1970s, oil and gas resources were found under resources owned by the people of Michigan. The Michigan Department of Natural Resources, governor’s office, conservation organizations, the public and many others worked together to find a solution. From this collaboration, the
- UP Habitat Workgroup returns reinvigorated
The Upper Peninsula Habitat Workgroup re-emerged recently after a months-long hiatus, with several new members, but an unchanged focus – to conserve and improve deer wintering habitat across the region.
- Kalamazoo River to be restored through Trowbridge Dam removal project in Allegan County
Decades of toxic sediments nestled precariously between the riverbanks of an old Kalamazoo River dam, a deteriorating structure that, if it failed, would release dangerous contaminants would be released into the river’s watershed. The Michigan Department of Natural Resources and the U.S. ...
- The power of public lands - building a strategy for more than 4 million acres
Chances are, your part of the state has public lands that benefit residents and businesses. And, chances are, the DNR manages those public lands in some way, either directly or in partnership.
- Get outside and celebrate the glory of Michigan's fall color
There is only one thing to do as Michigan’s air grows crisp, temperatures fall and trees turn from green to glorious shades of yellow, orange and red: revel in it.