Subscribe to Showcasing:
Topics range from fishing and hunting to history and outdoor recreation. This is a weekly feature story sent on Thursday.
- Cars, support for state parks and the Recreation Passport
Automobiles were a driving force behind the initial success of Michigan's state parks, and today support our expanded park system through the Recreation Passport.
- A photography moment, outside the door, at the side of the road
In the bucolic countryside, a sign of spring inspires wonder, thought and a moment of respite from the speed of modern life.
- Cultural resources are an integral part of the DNR
The DNR manages more than herds of elk and stands of pine - we protect Michigan's cultural resources, too.
- Anglers help protect Michigan's waters from invasive mudsnails
New Zealand mudsnails have been found in five rivers in Michigan - and anglers can help stop the spread.
- Auto industry drives state parks development
The burgeoning automobile industry drove development of Michigan’s state park system in the first half of the 20th century.