File a Complaint

    • The Bureau of Community and Health Systems receive and process complaints for:
      • Adult foster care and home for the aged.
      • Children's and adult foster care camps.

How to Make a Complaint

  • When making a complaint, it is important that you fill out the complaint form as completely as possible. Your name will be kept confidential and will not be released unless ordered by the court. You are not required to give your name or contact information. However, if you do not provide it, a licensing consultant will not be able to contact you if additional information is needed. Your complaint may not be assigned or may be unconfirmed due to an inability to reach you for follow-up.

    To make a complaint, fill out the Online Complaint Form. If you cannot complete the online complaint form, you can either:

    Mail it to:

    Bureau of Community and Health Systems
    Adult Foster Care and Camps Licensing - Complaint Intake Unit
    611 W. Ottawa, 1st Floor
    PO Box 30664
    Lansing, MI 48909

    • Fax it to: 517-284-9739
    • Call 866-856-0126

Appropriate Complaints

Abuse and Neglect Complaints

Unlicensed Complaints

  • If you are making a complaint regarding a camp operating without a registration/license, you must indicate how you know they are operating without a registration/license.