- MDARD Announces Agricultural Preservation Fund Grant Opportunity for Counties and Townships with Qualified Farmland Preservation Programs
- Michigan Dry Bean Producers Approve Continuation Referendum
- Michigan Craft Beverage Council Debuts Website MichiganCraftBeverage.Com
- Governor Whitmer Proclaims October as Michigan Agritourism Month
- Michael Philip Selected as the New Pesticide and Plant Pest Management Division Director for the MI Dept. of Agriculture and Rural Development
- State Announces Public Comment Period, Public Meeting on Agricultural Management Practices
- Fresh from the Field - MDARD Podcasts on SoundCloud
- MDARD Podcast: 2016 Accomplishments Discussion with Director Jamie Clover Adams
MDARD Director Jamie Clover Adams reviews some of the top accomplishments at the agency during 2016 and looks at the challenges ahead in 2017.
- MDARD Podcast - 2016 China Trade Mission Review with Director Jamie Clover Adams
In November 2016, MDARD Director Jamie Clover Adams led seven Michigan food processing and agriculture companies and one commodity group on a trade mission to Shanghai and Shenzhen, China, where they spent a week meeting with buyers, touring retail and grocery stores, establishing business relationships, and getting a personal view of Chinese import systems.
- Michigan Radio Frequency Identification Tag (RFID) Public Service Announcement for Radio - 30 seconds
- MDARD Podcast: Export Opportunities in China - MDARD Director Jamie Clover Adams
An interview with MDARD Director Jamie Clover Adams about export opportunities in China.
Katrina Sokol, Food Inspector
Credit Card Skimming: Staying Safe at the Pump
Dairy Inspections in Michigan
Setting-Up a Food Establishment in Michigan
- Breaking News: Santa's Reindeer Approved to Fly Over Michigan!
- Holiday Food Safety Tips from MDARD
- The Joy of Inspecting Michigan Christmas Trees
- Credit Card Skimming: Staying Safe at the Pump
- What is a Skimmer and How Do You Find Them
- Inside the Flint Farmers' Market: Focused on Community Nutrition
- Dairy Day at the Capitol - Lansing, MI June 10, 2015
- MDARD Conducts Aerial Spraying Calibration for Gypsy Moth Applications
- A Growing Success: Michigan's Qualified Forest Program Preview
- 5 Tips on Buying a Christmas Tree - Michigan
- MDARD's YouTube Channel
- Backyard Biosecurity - Dr. Nancy Barr, MDARD
- Behind the Scenes: Dairy Inspections in Michigan
- Michigan Bovine TB Public Service Announcement - 2011
- New Zoning Order Increases Requirements to Protect Michigan Cattle Industry - Editorial by: James Averill, DVM, PhD, State Veterinarian
For almost 25 years, we have been working to eradicate bovine tuberculosis (TB) from Michigan’s northeastern Lower Peninsula (LP). While bovine TB remains a worldwide issue, the U.S. has ...
- An Outsider's Inside View of a China Trade Mission
When I found myself in China and South Korea on a trade mission with several Michigan food and agriculture entrepreneurs I couldn’t help but be impressed by their relentless drive, their ...
- Agriculturally Speaking...Michigan Celebrates Food and Agriculture Month
To recognize just how much food and agriculture means in the lives of millions of Michiganders—including consumers, farmers, processors and many others—Michigan Governor Rick Snyder ...
- Agriculturally Speaking...State Infrastructure Project a Key to Michigan Agriculture's Future
Increasingly more difficult to achieve in today’s political climate are long-term strategies designed for the greater good—both for citizens and for multiple, diverse industries.Increasingly ...
- Agriculturally Speaking...MDARD Energized by China Trade Mission, Looks to Future
MDARD Director Jamie Clover Adams recently returned from a two-week trade mission to China, along with seven Michigan food growers and producers. Despite the rigorous travel schedule and ambitious ...
- Agriculturally Speaking...MDARD Leading Michigan Ag Businesses on China Trade Mission
Building on previous trade missions to China with Governor Rick Snyder, Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development Director Jamie Clover Adams now looks to parlay the department’s ...
- Agriculturally Speaking... Protecting Michigan Grain Producers
Every day, the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development works to ensure our state’s producers are paid for the grain they provide to Michigan’s licensed grain dealers.& ...
- Michigan Wineries Preparing for Tomorrow through Environmental Stewardship
Despite suffering drastic weather-related fruit losses for the past two years, environmental stewardship has not become an afterthought. Michigan is making world class wines, but they continue to do ...
- Agriculturally Speaking for May 13, 2014: Fact v. Fiction and what really changed with the GAAMPs?