LARA Publishes Michigan's Medical Marihuana "Universal Symbol"
Media Contact: LARA Communications 517-373-9280
February 15, 2018 – The Dept. of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) released information today to inform and advise license applicants regarding the labeling of medical marihuana products under the Medical Marihuana Facilities Licensing Act. An advisory bulletin was also issued to publish the universal symbol as required by the Emergency Rules. A marihuana plant or marihuana product containing tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) that is being sold or transferred must be labeled according to Emergency Rules 38 and 39.
Prior to marihuana product being sold or transferred to or by a provisioning center, the container, bag, or product holding the marihuana product must have a label and be sealed with all the following information:
- The name of the licensee and license number of the producer and/or the packager.
- The tag or source number as assigned by the statewide monitoring system.
- The unique identification number for the package or the harvest, if applicable.
- Date of harvest, name of strain, net weight, and concentration of THC or CBD.
- Activation time expressed in words or through a pictogram.
- Name of the safety compliance facility that performed any test, any associated test batch number, and any test analysis date.
- A warning that states the following: "For use by registered qualifying patients only. Keep out of reach of children. It is illegal to drive a motor vehicle while under the influence of marihuana."
- The universal symbol published by the department.
A file containing an image of the universal symbol will be provided on the Department’s website. If the plant or product does not meet the definition of “marihuana” as defined in the MMFLA then the universal symbol is not required.
More information on the BMMR can be found at the bureau’s website
For more information about LARA, please visit www.michigan.gov/lara
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/michiganLARA
“Like” us on Facebook or find us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/michiganLARA