Online Registration Now Available for Michigan's Medical Marihuana Patients
Media Contact: LARA Communications 517-373-9280
October 25, 2018 – In order to increase efficiency, reduce processing times, and improve customer service, the Michigan Medical Marihuana Program (MMMP) now has an online registration and physician certification process.
Effective immediately, Michigan patients can now accomplish the following actions online:
- Patients without a caregiver can apply for medical marihuana registry identification cards online.
- Patients without a caregiver can check the status of their applications through a secure online account.
In the near future, patients without a caregiver will also be able to:
- Renew registry cards online.
- Request replacement cards online.
- Update their name and/or address online.
- Withdraw from the MMMP online.
Physicians who register with the MMMP for a secure online account will be able to certify their patients’ medical use of marihuana online. A certifying physician is still required to have a bona fide physician-patient relationship with the patient, complete an in-person, medical evaluation of the patient, and comply with all other relevant provisions of the MMMA.
Patients may register for an account (one-time task) by following these steps:
- Go to www.michigan.gov/mmp and print the instructions titled “Create an Account.”
- Go to www.michigan.gov/BMMRonline and follow the instructions to create your account.
- Patients are encouraged to retain their user name and password as they will be needed to login to their account.
To apply or renew, patients should follow the “Apply for Patient Only Registry Card” instructions available at www.michigan.gov/mmp, provide the information requested and submit their application with the required fee. Patients will need their certifying physician’s license number to apply online.
After the application is submitted, the certifying physician will receive an email that states there is a certification waiting for his/her approval and will have 15 days from that date to certify the patient’s medical use of marihuana. Applications are not considered complete until the physician certifies the patient. The MMMP will approve or deny the application within 15 business days of the date the physician certifies the medical use of marihuana. If the physician certifies the medical use of marihuana within 24 hours of receiving the email notification, the patient could potentially be issued a registry identification card within 2-3 business days.
At any time, patients can check the status of their application by logging in to their account at www.michigan.gov/BMMRonline.
For more information on BMMR, please visit: www.michigan.gov/bmmr
For more information about LARA, please visit www.michigan.gov/lara