- Emergency Rule Amending Rule 7, R 285.636.7
A new emergency rule filed on December 30, 2020 by Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (MDARD) Director Gary McDowell extended pesticide applicator credential expiration dates as part of the state’s continued COVID-19 response. Applicators whose license expired on December 31, 2019 or December 31, 2020 will have those licenses extended to June 30, 2021. In addition to extending the expiration date, the rule gives applicators six additional months to renew their credential via continuing education courses.
- Pesticide Applicator Certification/Registration Application
- Examination Process and Instructions
The Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (MDARD) offers two ways to take Certified Pesticide Applicator and Registered Technician exams: Paper-based testing through MDARD and Computer-based testing through Metro Institute.
- Pesticide Application Certification Details & FAQ
- Commercial Pesticide Application Certification Categories
- List of Study Manuals by Applicator Type
- Registered Applicator Trainer Manual
- Renewal Process
- Credit Requirements and Seminar Attendance Record
- List of Seminars Approved for Pesticide Recertification Credits
Select a Month to get Seminar Meeting Dates and Locations
- Reciprocity Between States
The Michigan Department of Agriculture & Rural Development has reciprocal agreements with Indiana, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin.