Before you go

Before You Go

  • recreation passport icon Recreation Passport

    A Recreation Passport is required for entry into state parks, recreation areas, state forest campgrounds, boating access sites and state trailheads. 

  • make a reservation icon Make a Camping Reservation

    Camping reservations can be made up to six months in advance.

  • Permit and license requirements icon Event Permit Information

    Equestrian trail rider groups planning a ride may need to acquire an event permit. Please contact the location for more information.

  • icon for closures Check Closures

Additional Resources

Volunteer Organizations

Many dedicated volunteers help maintain equestrian trails, plan special events and organize clean-up efforts. Michigan state parks are self-supporting and rely on user fees and dedicated volunteers to help protect and preserve these scenic areas. Consider joining the efforts of these important partners: