The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
The Drainage Manual was developed to provide guidance for the design of MDOT drainage facilities. The purpose of this manual is to serve as a contract and training document for MDOT development and delivery personnel. This manual also meets stormwater best management practices required by MDOT’s stormwater management program.
- Legal Policy and Procedures
- Symbols and Acronyms
- Federal Policies and Law
- National Flood Insurance Program
- County Drains and Roads Guidelines
- Natural Channels and Roadside Ditches
- Road Storm Drainage Systems
- Stormwater Storage Facilities
- Stormwater Best Management Practices (BMPs)
- Pump Stations