The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
I-96 Flex Route: Westbound I-96 freeway, lane and ramp closures Tuesday and Wednesday in Oakland County
November 27, 2023
NOVI, Mich. - Beginning Tuesday, Nov. 28, through Wednesday, Nov. 29, westbound I-96 will have lane and ramp closures from I-696 to Beck Road for pavement striping for an upcoming traffic shift and the return to three lanes on westbound I-96. Eastbound I-96 closures for striping are being planned for later in the week.
Tuesday, Nov. 28:
7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Westbound I-96 will have one lane open from Novi Road to Beck Road.
7 a.m.-5 p.m.
- The Beck Road ramp to westbound I-96 will be closed.
Wednesday, Nov. 29:
7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Westbound I-96 will have one lane open from the westbound I-696 connector to Beck Road.
- The southbound M-5 ramp to westbound I-96 will be closed.
- The westbound I-96 ramp to Novi Road will be closed intermittently.
- The Novi Road ramp to westbound I-96 will be closed intermittently.
- The westbound I-96 ramp to Beck Road will be closed intermittently.
9 a.m.-7 p.m.
- The northbound I-275 ramp to westbound I-96 will be closed.
Funding for this project is made possible by Gov. Gretchen Whitmer'sBased on economic modeling, this $269 million investment is expected to directly and indirectly support 3,416 jobs. For up-to-date information on the I-96 Flex Route, go to DrivingOakland.org.