- The Farmland and Open Space Preservation Program
The Farmland and Open Space Preservation Program consists of 5 methods for preserving farmland and open space.
- Contact the Farmland Preservation Office
For information and/or questions concerning the Farmland and Open Space Preservation Program.
- PA 116 County Code Changes
- New Laws Regarding PA 116
- FY2017 Farmland Preservation PA 116 Annual Report
- New - Wind Turbines on PA 116 Land
- New - Commercial Solar Facilities on PA 116 Land
- New - Cellular Phone Towers on PA 116 Land
- Early Termination of All or Part of a Farmland Development Rights Agreement
Information on the termination of all of the land in, or the release of a parcel from (partial termination) a Farmland Development Rights Agreement prior to an Agreement's ...
- Enrolling in the Farmland Preservation Program Instruction on enrolling land in the farmland preservation form, including application.
- Changing an existing Farmland Development Rights Agreement
Information on transferring, splitting, or extending your Farmland Development Rights Agreement.
- Farmland and Open Space Preservation Frequently Asked Questions
What Does the Farmland and Open Space Preservation Act Do?
- Map of Active Farmland Development Rights Agreements in Michigan
Enrolled as a percent of farmland.
- Part 361 of Public Act 451 of 1994
Michigan's Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Act
- Farmland Preservation Agreements Brochure: Enrollment, Eligibility & Benefits
Enrollment, Eligibility & Benefits
- Farmland Preservation Agreements Brochure: Transferring, Dividing and Releasing Land
Transferring, Dividing and Releasing Land
- Map of Local Qualified PDR Programs
- Agriculture Preservation Fund
To provide grants to eligible local units of government for the purchase of agricultural conservation easements through Purchase of Development Rights programs (PDRs) to preserve farmland.
- Michigan Agricultural Preservation Fund Board Application Process and Scoring System The Michigan Agricultural Preservation Fund is a fund established for the purpose of providing grants to local qualifying entities to assist in the purchase of development rights of farmland.
- Michigan Agricultural Preservation Fund Board Request for Qualification Form
The Agricultural Preservation Fund Board has adopted an application process, scoring system,and standards and guidelines for funding local PDR programs. In order to apply for grants funds from the ...
- Part 362 of Public Act 451 of 1994
- 2016 Conservation Easement Program Annual Report
- Map of Donated Conservation Easements in Michigan
- Conservation Easement Donations Explains what a conservation easement is and how to enter into one with the State.
- Fact Sheet for the incentive for Private Land Conservation Michigan Public Act 446 of 2006
- Conservation Easement Assessment Click here to read the State Tax Commission's memo regarding assessing conservation easements.
- Conservation Easement: Landowner Questionnaire To aid the landowner in tailoring conservation easements to land protection and financial planning goals.
- Example of Donated Farmland Development Rights Easement
Example of a basic farmland development rights easement held by the State.
- Example of Donated Conservation Easement (Open Space) Example of basic open space conservation easement held by the State.