- The Farmland and Open Space Preservation Program
The Farmland and Open Space Preservation Program consists of 5 methods for preserving farmland and open space.
- Contact the Farmland Preservation Office
For information and/or questions concerning the Farmland and Open Space Preservation Program.
- PA 116 County Code Changes
- New Laws Regarding PA 116
- FY2018 Farmland Preservation Annual Report
- New - Wind Turbines on PA 116 Land
- New - Cellular Phone Towers on PA 116 Land
- NEW - MDARD Policy on Solar Panel and PA116 Land
- NEW - Commercial Solar Facilities on PA 116 Enrolled Lands
- Early Termination of All or Part of a Farmland Development Rights Agreement
Information on the termination of all of the land in, or the release of a parcel from (partial termination) a Farmland Development Rights Agreement prior to an Agreement's ...
- Enrolling in the Farmland Preservation Program
Instruction on enrolling land in the farmland preservation form, including application.
- Changing an existing Farmland Development Rights Agreement
Information on transferring, splitting, or extending your Farmland Development Rights Agreement.
- Farmland and Open Space Preservation Frequently Asked Questions
What Does the Farmland and Open Space Preservation Act Do?
- Map of Active Farmland Development Rights Agreements in Michigan
Enrolled as a percent of farmland.
- Part 361 of Public Act 451 of 1994
Michigan's Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Act
- Farmland Preservation Agreements Brochure: Transferring, Dividing and Releasing Land
Transferring, Dividing and Releasing Land
- Farmland Preservation Agreements Brochure: Enrollment, Eligibility & Benefits
Enrollment, Eligibility & Benefits
- Map of Donated Conservation Easements in Michigan
- Conservation Easement Donations
Explains what a conservation easement is and how to enter into one with the State.
- Fact Sheet for the incentive for Private Land Conservation Michigan Public Act 446 of 2006
- Conservation Easement Assessment Click here to read the State Tax Commission's memo regarding assessing conservation easements.
- Conservation Easement: Landowner Questionnaire
To aid the landowner in tailoring conservation easements to land protection and financial planning goals.
- Example of Donated Farmland Development Rights Easement
Example of a basic farmland development rights easement held by the State.
- Example of Donated Conservation Easement (Open Space)
Example of basic open space conservation easement held by the State.
- FY2018 Conservation Easement Program Annual Report