Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality (CMAQ)
The CMAQ program funds transportation projects or programs that will contribute to the attainment or maintenance of the National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS) for ozone, carbon monoxide (CO), or particulate matter (PM).
- FHWA CMAQ Program Guidance
- MDOT CMAQ Program Guidance
- Typically Eligible and Ineligible CMAQ Projects
- Additional Items Needed for Eligibility Determination
- Guidance for Non-transit Diesel Engine Retrofit Projects
- Guidance for Operating Assistance for Traffic Operations Center
Call for Projects (CFP/Call)
The purpose of the CFP is to identify, select, and approve projects that align with MDOT's goals, policies, and strategic plan. Please submit CMAQ project applications according to the Call for Project instructions.
Projects should be submitted via JobNet through MILogin for Third Party.
Please note, local agencies do not have access to JobNet and must coordinate with the local coordinating agency (MPO or RPA/RTF) to program jobs into JobNet. Local coordinating agencies will submit finalized applications once the local agency has prepared a complete application.
- FY 2020-2023 Local CMAQ Call for Projects Program Participant Letter
- FY 2020-2023 Estimated Funding Allocation Table