Skip to main content

Vegetation and Drainage Control

MDOT receives vegetation and drainage control permit applications from individuals, local government agencies, organizations and businesses. These applications, to operate or construct privately or publically owned facilities within the state highway right of way, include the following types of facilities or operations:

MDOT permits these types of facilities or operations in a manner which does not significantly compromise the integrity of state highway right of way systems, while simultaneously providing assurance to the general traveling public for the safest transportation environment possible.