The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
I-96 Flex Route update: Wixom Road ramp and lane closures in Oakland County
July 07, 2022
Beginning 6 a.m. Monday, July 11, through 5 p.m. Wednesday, July 20:
- Wixom Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction over I-96.
- The southbound Wixom Road ramp to eastbound I-96 will be closed. The detour will be eastbound Grand River Avenue to northbound Beck Road to I-96.
- The westbound I-96 ramp to southbound Wixom Road will be closed. The detour will be southbound Beck Road to westbound Grand River Avenue to Wixom Road.
- The northbound Wixom Road ramp to westbound I-96 will be closed. The detour will be westbound Grand River Avenue to northbound Kent Lake Road to I-96.
- Westbound I-696 has one lane open at I-275.
- Westbound I-96 has two lanes open from Wixom Road to Kent Lake Road.
- Eastbound I-96 has two lanes open from Kent Lake to Wixom roads.
- Eastbound I-96 has three lanes open from Wixom Road to I-275.
- The Eastbound I-96 ramp to Kent Lake Road is open.
- The Kent Lake Road ramp to eastbound I-96 is closed.
- The Eastbound I-96 ramp to Milford Road is closed.
- The Milford Road ramp to eastbound I-96 is closed.
- The Eastbound I-96 ramp to Wixom Road is closed.
- The Northbound Wixom Road ramp to eastbound I-96 is open.
Funding for this project is made possible by Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's Rebuilding Michigan program to rebuild the state highways and bridges that are critical to the state's economy and carry the most traffic. The investment strategy is aimed at fixes that result in longer useful lives and improves the condition of the state's infrastructure.
Based on economic modeling, this $269 million investment is expected to directly and indirectly support 3,416 jobs.
There may be additional changes to this stretch of the project, for up-to-date information on the I-96 Flex Route, go to DrivingOakland.org.