The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
I-75 modernization project in Oakland County resumes Feb. 24 with weekend closure
February 21, 2023
- Both directions of I-75 will be closed between I-696 and I-75 Business Loop (Square Lake Road) starting Friday night.
- Local traffic will be able to enter northbound I-75 at 14 Mile, Rochester, Big Beaver, and Crooks roads.
- Beginning Monday, Feb. 27, southbound I-75 exits at 12 Mile Road, 11 Mile Road and eastbound and westbound I-696 will be closed for the construction season.
MADISON HEIGHTS, Mich. - Weather permitting, the rebuilding of I-75 in Oakland County resumes on Friday, Feb. 24, with a freeway closure to install a traffic shift. Shifting traffic will allow for the expedited rebuilding of southbound I-75 from 13 Mile Road to I-696.
I-75 will be closed in both directions between I-696 and I-75 Business Loop (Square Lake Road) at 11 p.m. Friday, Feb. 24, and reopen by 5 a.m. Monday, Feb. 27. Crews will begin closing ramps at 9 p.m. and lanes on I-75 at 10 p.m. All ramps to northbound I-75 will be closed from I-696 to 14 Mile Road. All ramps to southbound I-75 will be closed from M-59 to 11 Mile Road.
During the closure, northbound I-75 traffic will be detoured west on I-696 to northbound M-1 (Woodward Avenue), then eastbound Square Lake Road back to northbound I-75. Entrance ramps to northbound I-75 will remain open from 14 Mile Road to Crooks Road/Corporate Drive for local traffic. Southbound I-75 traffic will use westbound Square Lake Road to southbound M-1, then eastbound I-696 back to southbound I-75.
Beginning Monday, Feb. 27, two-way traffic will be sharing the northbound lanes of I-75 between 13 Mile Road and I-696. Two lanes will be maintained in each direction. In addition, the following ramp closures will be in place until the end of the 2023 construction season.
- The 12 Mile Road exit and entrance ramps to southbound I-75,
- The 11 Mile Road exit and entrance ramps to southbound I-75, and
- The southbound I-75 ramps to eastbound and westbound I-696.
Starting Friday morning, 12 Mile Road will be closed under I-75 to allow crews to safely rebuild the bridge that carries southbound I-75 over 12 Mile Road. In addition, the 12 Mile Road ramps to and from southbound I-75 will close in the morning. Starting Monday, access to northbound I-75 from westbound 12 Mile Road and the northbound I-75 exit to eastbound 12 Mile Road will be maintained.
Follow I-75 modernization progress on the web at www.Modernize75.com, or follow on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Modernize75 or on Twitter at www.twitter.com/Modernize75.