State Transportation Improvement Program (STIP)
The State Transportation Improvement Program (STIP) is a list of projects that the state proposes to fund with federal aid.
- 2017-2020 State Transportation Improvement Program (STIP)
- Rural Amendment Package 5
Transportation Performance Management Chapter Amendment
- Transportation Performance Management (TPM)
- 2019 Transportation Performance Management Transit Targets
- Statewide Performance Targets for TPM
- Primer and Use for Uniform STIP
- Get Involved! How to influence the project selection/approval process
- Road, bridge and transit projects located exclusively in rural areas.
- The transportation planning processes.
- The public involvement process.
- A financial plan that compares annual resources to new commitments.
Projects in larger metropolitan areas. Those projects are listed in the Transportation Improvement Plans (TIPs) prepared by local Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPOs).
Some smaller safety and heavy maintenance projects. These projects will be selected later this year after further analysis of highway conditions.
- Local projects on federal-aid-eligible roads selected through the Rural Task Force or Small Urban Program project selection process. These projects are grouped as a single line item in the STIP rather than being listed individually.
- MDOT FY 2017-2020 STIP Public Participation Report