The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Westbound Blue Water Bridge improvements will divert both bounds of traffic to eastbound bridge starting July 5
March 24, 2023
- The Federal Bridge Corporation Limited (FBCL) will complete maintenance on the westbound span of the Blue Water Bridge (BWB) from July 5 to Oct. 23.
- This work will close the westbound span of the BWB from Canada to the U.S.
- During this closure both directions of traffic will be maintained on the eastbound span of the BWB, from the U.S. to Canada.
PORT HURON, Mich. – Beginning July 5 the Federal Bridge Corporation Limited (FBCL) will close the westbound span of the Blue Water Bridge (BWB) to complete maintenance. This project will be managed by the FBCL, and address required maintenance on the westbound BWB span connecting Point Edward, Ontario and Port Huron, MI.
To reduce impacts to traffic, both bounds of the BWB will be carried on the eastbound BWB span. One lane will be reserved for westbound traffic entering the U.S. and two lanes will be available for eastbound traffic heading into Canada.
While the eastbound BWB span carries bi-directional traffic, the following impacts to traffic will be in place:
- Dedicated lanes for commuter pass holders and buses cannot be accommodated.
- Wide loads will be restricted to less than 11 feet.
The Blue Water Bridge is an essential economic link between Canada and the United States. This important project continues the commitment between the Federal Bridge Corporation Limited (FBCL) and the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) to maintain and preserve the safety and reliability of the Blue Water Bridge.
For more information:
Senior Communications Specialist
The Federal Bridge Corporation Limited
343-551-0686 | email@example.com