- Access Management A set of techniques to improve safety, reduce traffic congestion and assure safe access to properties adjacent to a roadway.
- Adopt-A-Highway Established in 1990 to improve the beauty of our highway roadsides with community help
- Adopt-A-Landscape A new program that allows individuals, organizations, or businesses to help maintain sections of roadside within Michigan's state highway system.
- Aesthetic Project Opportunities: Find out more A useful tool for communities interested in improving the visual quality of their environment.
- Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality (CMAQ) The CMAQ program funds transportation projects or programs that will contribute to the attainment or maintenance of the National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS) for ozone, carbon monoxide (CO), or particulate matter (PM).
- Connected Vehicles Michigan's Connected Vehicles program is intended as a complementary program to efforts in California, Minnesota and Florida, along with international efforts in Ontario, Canada and Wales, United Kingdom, aimed at providing an incubator for testing of a variety of on board and road side elements and applications.
- Courtesy Patrol MDOT's Freeway Courtesy patrol is reliable and ready to assist stranded and distressed drivers in Southeast Michigan.
- I-696 Slope Restoration Project (Erosion Control)
- Intelligent Transportation Systems Promotes advanced technologies, electronics and telecommunications to improve safety and travel times on the multi- modal transportation system.
- Memorial Highways
Find memorial highways statewide or within a particular county.
- Noise Abatement Noise Walls, Local Vehicle Noise Enforcement, and Land-Use information.
- Pilot Planting A project in Metro Detroit using turf alternative plants to create a solution for slope stabilization along Michigan highways. The selected plants need to flourish in harsh urban conditions while creating interest and beauty for the traveler as well as adjacent residents and businesses.
- Pure Michigan Byways
Emphasizes cooperation among local residents, government officials, landowners and interested groups to preserve unique scenic, historic or recreational highways.
- Rest Areas and Welcome Centers
Locations of Michigan's highway rest areas and the amenities available at each.
- Road Watchers Road Watchers are motorists who are interested in volunteering to complete periodic, brief online surveys regarding how well we are maintaining our roads and work zones based on travel experiences.
- Senior Mobility Initiatives
- Stormwater Management Better Roads, Cleaner Streams.