The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Canadian currency toll rates at the Blue Water Bridge adjusted beginning Oct. 1
September 23, 2022
- The Canadian rate for eastbound traffic on Port Huron's Blue Water Bridge into Canada will remain as is for cars and extra axles but will increase for trucks and buses.
- MDOT previously announced a currency parity policy effective April 11, 2016, for the bridge.
- The Canadian rate for eastbound traffic is reviewed and adjusted April 1 and Oct. 1 of each year.
- The rate adjustments are rounded to the nearest $0.25 and calculated based on the prior six-month average daily exchange rates between the U.S. and Canadian currencies.
SAGINAW, Mich. - In accordance with the Michigan Department of Transportation's (MDOT) Blue Water Bridge (BWB) parity rate adjustment policy, toll rates paid in Canadian currency (CAD) for traffic heading into Canada will remain the same for cars and extra axles but will increase for trucks and buses.
Based on the current average daily exchange rate, the toll rates below will be in effect through March 31, 2023.
- Passenger vehicle rates will remain $3.75 (CAD) per trip.
- Extra axles will remain $3.75 (CAD) per trip.
- Trucks and buses will increase to $4.25 (CAD) per trip.
In 2016, MDOT announced the currency parity policy. The Canadian rate for eastbound traffic is reviewed and adjusted April 1 and Oct. 1 of each year, rounded to the nearest $0.25 and calculated based on the prior six-month average daily exchange rates between the U.S. and Canadian currencies.
Travel restrictions to Canada have recently been updated by Canada Border Services Agency. Please review border security criteria ahead of traveling to reduce frustration.
The BWB is currently enrolling commercial and commuter customers in its EDGE Pass program. Commuter customers receive a discounted toll rate for non-commercial vehicles with no more than two axles. The EDGE Pass also offers commuter customers a dedicated toll lane. Both commercial and commuter account holders have 24-hour access to manage accounts online through a secure web portal. Questions regarding the EDGE Pass can be sent to MDOT-BWB-CustomerCare@Michigan.gov. Customers can apply by visiting www.BlueWaterBridge.us/.