The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Revive275 update: Northbound I-275 to have one lane open from 5 Mile to 6 Mile roads for bridge work starting Sept. 16
September 15, 2023
LIVONIA, Mich. – Weekend work on northbound I-275 will leave one lane open and a current update of on-going work is listed below.
Beginning 6 a.m., Saturday, Sept. 16 through 5 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 17:
- Northbound I-275 from 5 Mile Road to 6 Mile Road will have one lane open.
Beginning 9 a.m., Monday, Sept. 18 through late September:
- Eastbound/westbound I-96/M-14 under I-275 will have lane closures; two lanes open during morning/evening rush hour and one lane open during mid-day, overnights, and weekends.
Ramps expected to reopen by Wednesday, Sept. 20:
- Westbound US-12 (Michigan Avenue) ramp to northbound I-275.
- Westbound Ann Arbor Road ramp to northbound I-275.
- Eastbound 6 Mile Road ramp to northbound I-275.
Beginning Wednesday, Sept. 20:
- Ecorse Road ramp to northbound I-275 will close once the westbound US-12 (Michigan Avenue) ramp reopens.
Beginning Monday, Sept. 25:
- Eastbound Eureka Road ramp to northbound I-275 will close.
- Westbound Eureka Road ramp to southbound I-275 will close.
- Northbound I-275 from Carleton-Rockwood to Eureka roads has one lane open. Two lanes are open from Eureka Road to I-96/M-14.
- Southbound I-275 from I-96/M-14 to Eureka Road has two lanes open. One lane is open from Eureka to Will Carleton roads.
- Southbound I-275 ramp to eastbound South Huron Road is closed.
- Eastbound South Huron Road ramp to northbound I-275 is closed.
- Westbound South Huron Road ramp to southbound I-275 is closed.
- Northbound I-275 ramp to US-12 (Michigan Avenue) is closed.
- Eastbound and westbound US-12 (Michigan Avenue) has one lane.
- Eastbound US-12 (Michigan Avenue) ramp to northbound I-275 is closed.
- Eastbound Ann Arbor Road ramp to northbound I-275 is closed.
- Northbound I-275 shared ramp to eastbound I-96 and westbound M-14 is closed.
- Eastbound M-14 ramp to northbound I-275 is closed.
This work is part of the Revive275 project. Based on economic modeling, this $281 million investment is expected to directly and indirectly support 3,267 jobs. Project information can be found at Revive275.org.Funding for this project is made possible by Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's Rebuilding Michigan program to rebuild the state highways and bridges that are critical to the state's economy and carry the most traffic. The investment strategy is aimed at fixes that result in longer useful lives and improve the condition of the state's infrastructure.