The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
I-75 project update: Resurfacing and repairs continue; eastbound Holly Road lane closure over I-75 starts Aug. 14
August 10, 2023
CLARKSTON, Mich. - The Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) I-75 project between M-15 (Ortonville Road) and the Oakland/Genesee county line continues with resurfacing and repairing of the roadway along with bridge repairs and other improvements.
Beginning 10 a.m. Monday, Aug. 14, eastbound
- Rattalee Lake Road is closed over I-75 for bridge repairs until late September.
- Grange Hall Road has one lane open over I-75 for bridge repairs until late August.
- Belford Road is closed over I-75 for bridge repairs until early September.
- Southbound I-75 has the left lane closed from Baldwin Road in Genesee County to Clarkston Road in Oakland County.
- Northbound I-75 has the left shoulder closed from Clarkston Road to Baldwin Road.
- Holcomb Road is closed over I-75 for bridge repairs until Monday, Aug. 14.
- Davisburg Road has been opened over I-75.
MDOT is investing approximately $160 million to resurface and repair I-75 from M-15 (Ortonville Road) to the Oakland/Genesee county line. This project includes resurfacing I-75, repairing 11 bridges, drainage improvements, culvert replacements, signs, and guardrail. Various work will be performed in different locations with different schedules throughout the 15 miles over four years.
Funding for this project is made possible by Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's Rebuilding Michigan program to rebuild the state highways and bridges that are critical to the state's economy and carry the most traffic. The investment strategy is aimed at fixes that result in longer useful lives and improve the condition of the state's infrastructure.
Based on economic modeling, this investment is expected to directly and indirectly support 1,936 jobs.