Transportation Economic Development Fund (TEDF)
The mission of the Transportation Economic Development Fund (TEDF) is to enhance the ability of the state to compete in an international economy, to serve as a catalyst for economic growth of the state, and to improve the quality of life in the state.
The funds are available to state, county, and city road agencies for immediate highway needs relating to a variety of economic development issues.
- 2018 Annual Report
- 2018 Accomplishments
- Contact Us We encourage you to contact our office before beginning an application.
- Category B - Villages and Small Cities
We are accepting Community Infrastructure Fund – TEDF Category B grant applications for projects that will be constructed in Fiscal Years 2019 and 2020. Submit applications and supporting documentation to MDOT-OED-CategoryB@Michigan.gov by April 5, 2019.
Parameters of the program
- Cities or villages of populations of 10,000 or less are eligible
- Maximum grant amount is $250,000, with 50 percent minimum cash match
- Any road construction work other than regular maintenance is eligible
- Geographical distribution is a selection criteria
- Agencies may apply for funding in consecutive years
- Combining eligible work with other infrastructure work is encouraged
- Combining eligible work with work by other road agencies is encouraged
- A Resolution of Support from the agency’s governing body, including match commitment, will be required
- One application per agency will be accepted (application form accommodates multiple roadways)
Michael Leon, 517-335-1069
The TEDF Category A and F grant applications are available online through the MDOT Grant System (MGS). The system allows applicants to work on their application, save, and continue working on the application at a later date. MGS also has the ability for applicants to track their application status, upload supporting documentation, and communicate with grant coordinators.
- MGS Account Set-Up Instructions
When working in MGS, click the on each tab to display application requirements.