TB Nurse Network
The TB Nurse Network (TBNN) is a group of multidisciplinary TB health care professionals that meet quarterly to exchange and share TB information. Meetings occur via webinar from 10-11:30 AM ET, on the 3rd Wednesday of each month, quarterly. We are always looking for new topics to present and questions for our open forum.
Please contact us if you are interested in joining TB Nurse Network, have a topic suggestion, or have a question you would like to discuss during the open forum.
Upcoming TBNN Meeting Schedule (last updated 3/2021)
Archived Meeting Minutes and Presentations
- October 20, 2021: TB Testing and Treatment Updates. Here is the PowerPoint presentation. You can find the resources below
- January 20, 2021: TB Testing & COVID-19 Vaccines. Here are the presenter's slides and here is the PowerPoint presentation; recorded presentation below. Resources:
- July 15, 2020: Open Forum: TB & COVID-19. Here is the PowerPoint presentation.
- Janaury 15, 2020: Here is the PowerPoint presentation.
- October 16, 2019: Overview of the 340B TB Prescription Drug Pricing Program. Here is the PowerPoint presentation and here is the resource document with FAQs, common terms and directions for loging into your account and checking drug prices.
- July 24, 2019: Updated Recommendations for TB Screening, Testing, and Treatment for Health Care Personnel in the US. Here is the PowerPoint presentation. Resources:
- October 17, 2018: Optimizing Result Interpretation for the New QuantiFERON-TB Gold Plus and review of the new CDC TB Technical Instructions for Civil Surgeons. Here is the PowerPoint presentation (note, the QFT presentation is not included in this).
- July 25, 2018: Discuss TB Nursing Certification course in Fall 2018, TB Billing Project, and re-establishing MIACET. Here is the PowerPoint presentation and the webinar recording is below.
- April 18, 2018: "Red Book Updated: Administration of 3HP and Use of Self-Administered Therapy (SAT) in Children", Dr. Jeffrey Starke, Texas Children's Hospital, Professor of Pediatrics at Baylor College of Medicine. Here is the PowerPoint presentation.
- January 17, 2018: This month we discussed a study reported in the MMWR regarding use of asynchronous video DOT to treat active and latent TB in a long-term care facility in Puerto Rico. Additionally, Jolene Vaneste from the state lab presented a guide to interpreting PCR results from the state lab. Finally, Shona Smith presented on a new case definition and voluntary reporting of LTBI into MDSS. Here is the PowerPoint presentation and the webinar recording is below.
- October 18, 2017: Jolene Vaneste from our Bureau of Labs discussed the steps for Mycobacterium detection in the lab, starting with a sample all the way through drug susceptibility testing. Here is the PowerPoint Presentation and the webinar recording is below.
- July 19, 2017: In this TBNN Meeting, Peter Davidson and Helen McGuirk (MDHHS) presented on the new 2017 ATS/IDSA/CDC Clinical Practice Guidelines for the Diagnosis of Tuberculosis in Adults and Children; in the open forum, we discussed whether TSTs can boost IGRAs. PowerPoint Presentation, Meeting Minutes, and Resource:
- April 26, 2017: Nnenna Wachuku (Wayne County Health, Veterans & Community Wellness), Karen Manni & Mary McCloud (Washtenaw County Public Health Department) and Helen McGuirk (MDHHS) discussed updates from the 2017 National TB Controllers Association Conference. PowerPoint Presentation and Meeting Minutes
- January 18, 2017: In this TBNN meeting, Peter Davidson (MDHHS) gave an overview of the new 2016 ATS/CDC/IDSA Clinical Practice Guidelines for the Treatment of Drug-Susceptible Tuberculosis; in our open forum, we discussed participating in a national webinar hosted by NTCA regarding these new guidelines, and Peter asked important questions to bring to the webinar. PowerPoint Presentation, Meeting Minutes, and Resources:
- October 19, 2016: In this TBNN meeting, Dr. Pam Hackert, from Oakland County Health Division, gave a presentation on TB in the Long-Term Care Setting; new recommendations from the USPSTF regarding LTBI screening were discussed; open forum topics included, appropriate ages for use of IGRAs, healthcare providers that read TSTs they did not place, and local health department policies on placing TSTs on low-risk vocational high school students who do study rotations in healthcare settings. PowerPoint Presentation and Meeting Minutes
- July 20, 2016: Peter Davidson (MDHHS) gave a encore presentation (from our 2016 TB Nursing Certification Course) on discordant TST and IGRA results; in our open forum, we discussed billing health insurance for LTBI services. PowerPoint Presentation, Meeting Minutes, and Resources:
- April 20, 2016: In this TBNN meeting, Missy Endres and Dr. Sughandha Lowhim from Ingham County Health Department presented a case presentation about the difficult diagnostic developments of a TB patient with sarcoidosis; Peter Davidson and Shona Smith (MDHHS) and Nnenna Wachuku (Wayne County Health, Veterans & Community Wellness) gave an update from the 2016 National TB Controllers Association Conference; administering TB drugs and DOT in patients with PEG tubes were discussed in the open forum. PowerPoint Presentation and Meeting Minutes
- January 20, 2016: In this session, Pete Kinney and Danielle Watson from Oxford Immunotec talked about their new pilot program for IGRA TB testing with T-SPOT; Dr. Dana Kissner from Wayne State University Physician Group presented a case presentation about a 14 month old who travelled from Yemen through Djibouti to Detroit. PowerPoint Presentation and Meeting Minutes