The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Division of Juvenile Justice Mission:
To ensure all youth and families of diverse populations, involved in Michigan's juvenile justice system, have equitable access to a continuum of research and evidence-based services that provide rehabilitation opportunities in a safe, supportive, and respectful environment that honors the youth and family voice.
Juvenile Justice Programs provides support for juvenile offenders and promotes safe communities by focusing on the following goals.
- Safe Communities through Early Intervention, Diversion and Prevention at the Community Level.
- Effective Community Programming.
- Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI), Data Collection and Analysis.
- Complete and Consistent Continuum of Available Services and Treatment.
- Evidence-Based Principles/Outcome Driven Funding Through the Child Care Fund.
Juvenile Justice Vision & Values
Our plans to build a safer Michigan.
the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) established zero-tolerance for sexual abuse and sexual harassment of youth within any confinement facility of a federal, state or local government.