The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Division of Juvenile Justice Mission:
To ensure all youth and families of diverse populations, involved in Michigan's juvenile justice system, have equitable access to a continuum of research and evidence-based services that provide rehabilitation opportunities in a safe, supportive, and respectful environment that honors the youth and family voice.
Juvenile Justice Programs provides support for juvenile offenders and promotes safe communities by focusing on the following goals.
- Safe Communities through Early Intervention, Diversion and Prevention at the Community Level.
- Effective Community Programming.
- Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI), Data Collection and Analysis.
- Complete and Consistent Continuum of Available Services and Treatment.
- Evidence-Based Principles/Outcome Driven Funding Through the Child Care Fund.
Juvenile Justice Vision & Values
Our plans to build a safer Michigan.
Michigan Committee on Juvenile Justices
State partnership and resources for the juvenile justice community.
Federal Grant Opportunities
List of grants and how to apply.
the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) established zero-tolerance for sexual abuse and sexual harassment of youth within any confinement facility of a federal, state or local government.