The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
- Devereux Early Childhood Assessment (DECA): Assesses the social-emotional functioning of children ages 0-5. The DECA is initially administered to all children ages 0-5 within 30 days of referral and again between 13 and 14 months of service. Click here to view a copy of their webinar.
- Protective Factors Survey (PFS): Developed by Family Resource Information, Education, and Network Development Service: (FRIENDS) and the University of Kansas, the survey assesses family protective factors in the areas of: parental resilience, social connections, concrete supports, knowledge of parenting and child development, and children’s social-emotional development. The PFS is initially administered within 15 days of referral and again between 14 and 15 months of service.
- Trauma Screening Checklist (ages 0-5): Assesses for signs of trauma in children ages 0-5. Developed at the Southwest Michigan Children’s Trauma Assessment Center (CTAC), the checklist is administered to all children ages 0-5 within 30 days of referral to the waiver.
- Safety Assessment and Plan - DHS-1232: Identifies safety factors, protective strategies and a plan if crisis occurs. Safety is assessed each time staff visits the family and the plan is updated as often as necessary.
- Family Psychosocial Screen: Developed by Bright Futures, the screen helps assess areas of parental depression, substance use, parental history of abuse, domestic violence, and social supports. The screen is completed within 72 hours of referral to the waiver, and families are linked to community service providers to meet their needs.