Information for EMS Agencies and Fire Departments
Infant Safe Sleep for EMS Agencies and Fire Departments
EMS agencies and fire departments are trusted sources of information for families. When they are trained on the infant safe sleep guidelines, they can identify unsafe sleep practices, provide on scene education, share resources, and connect families to local support.
The Infant Safe Sleep Certification Program for EMS agencies and fire departments helps agencies and departments set up a training program for their providers, connect with local resources, and provide safe sleep resources to families.
Review the items in the Resources section to learn more about the Infant Safe Sleep Certification Program requirements and what MDHHS provides to EMS agencies and departments that are enrolled in the program.
Contact the Infant Safe Sleep Program at MDHHS-InfantSafeSleep@michigan.gov with any questions. For additional EMS resources, visit www.michigan.gov/EMSC or contact the EMS for Children Coordinator, Dr. Sam Mishra, at MishraS@michigan.gov.
Infant Safe Sleep Certification Program Resources
- EMS Agency and Fire Department Expectations (To Do List)
- What MDHHS Provides EMS Agencies and Fire Departments
- Infant Safe Sleep Certification Program Enrollment Survey
- Training Completion and Education Plan Certification Survey
- Infant Safe Sleep Intervention Checklist and Documentation Survey
- Infant Safe Sleep Intervention Checklist and Documentation Form (Fillable PDF)