The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
The Michigan Problem Gambling Helpline, 1-800-270-7117, is open for crisis intervention and referral to treatment - even during the COVID-19 crisis. Trained and experienced counselors are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week by phone or virtually to provide immediate help to address issues related to gambling disorder, including screening services and referrals to treatment or support groups.
Gambling Treatment Providers
Gambling Disorder Services, administered by the Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities Administration, are contractually provided by Health Management Systems of America (HMSA), NorthCare Network, Northern Michigan Regional Entity (NMRE), Lakeshore Regional Entity (LRE), Southwest Michigan Behavioral Health (SWMBH), Mid-State Behavioral Health (MSBH), Community Mental Health Partner of Southeast Michigan (CMHPSM) and the Detroit-Wayne Mental Health Authority (DWMHA).
The Gambling Disorder Help-line, facilitated by HMSA, is strictly confidential. Counselors provide immediate help to address issues related to gambling disorder, including screening services and referrals to treatment or support groups. Counseling services are available to individuals and families affected by Gambling Disorder.
Prevention and Outreach efforts educate and promote Gambling Disorder awareness and are coordinated by Prepaid Inpatient Health Plans throughout the State of Michigan.
Please join us on March 13, 2023 for the Problem Gambling Symposium at the Diamond Center at Suburban Collection Showplace
46100 Grand River Ave.
Novi, MI 48374
- Gambling Disorder Help-line: 800-270-7117
- Screening Tools
- Gambling Disorder Treatment Provider List
- Gambling Disorder Treatment Provider Webpage
- Disassociated Persons List - Persons placed on the list voluntarily pledge to make a lifetime commitment to never visit a Detroit Casino
- NorthCare Network
- Northern Michigan Regional Entity (NMRE)
- Lakeshore Regional Entity (LRE)
- Southwest Michigan Behavioral Health (SWMBH)
- Mid-State Behavioral Health (MSBH)
- Community Mental Health Partner of Southeast Michigan (CMHPSM)
- Detroit-Wayne Mental Health Authority (DWMHA)
Gambling Disorder Studies & Surveys
- Evaluation of Need for Residential Services, 2014
- Survey of MI Gambling Behaviors, 2013
- Summary of Gambling Behaviors, 2013
- Psychosocial & Treatment Characteristics of MI Gambling Help-line Callers, summary and study, 2010
- Survey of Gambling Behaviors, summary & survey, 2006
- Survey of MI Gambling Behaviors, 2001
- Survey of MI Gambling Behaviors, 1999
You can beat your gambling problem. We can help.
A gambling problem can take over your entire life, affecting your family, your job, your friendships, and your own self-worth. It's an emotional problem with real financial consequences. If you or someone you love is out of control, there is hope. You can overcome a gambling problem. We have trained, experienced counselors you can talk to, and many other resources. Let us help you get your life back.
Gambling Disorder Related Resources