The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Migrant Resource Councils
Migrant Resource Councils (MRC) improve the quality of life of migrant and seasonal farmworkers and their families. They accomplish this mission by providing a forum for local coordination and cooperation on matters related to the wellbeing of farmworkers within their service area. Members are public and private agency representatives, growers, farmworkers, and concerned citizens. The MRCs meet monthly at during the peak season with the purpose of:
- Exchanging information on services to farmworkers.
- Reducing duplication of services.
- Identifying unmet needs of farmworkers and their families.
- Establishing referral networks.
- Coordinating service delivery.
Our Office of Migrant Affairs oversees the MRCs and provides logistical support. There is a network of nine regional councils throughout the state, spanning 51 counties. Each MRC releases a MRC Agency Resource Guide which lists local farmworker service providers within the MRCs’ service area. They are updated on a regular basis and MRC members distribute them to their clients. The following is a list of the nine regional councils with a link to their MRC Facebook page:
- Allegan/Ottawa/Barry MRC – Allegan, Ottawa, Barry Migrant Resource Council | Holland MI | Facebook
- Capital Area MRC
- Great Lakes MRC
- Mid-Michigan MRC - Mid-Michigan Migrant Resource Council | Facebook
- Northwest MI MRC - Northwest Michigan Migrant Resource Council | Facebook
- Southeastern MI MRC – Sem Mrc | Facebook
- Southwestern MI MRC – Southwestern Michigan Migrant Resource Council | Facebook
- Sparta Area MRC – Sparta Area Migrant Resource Council | Facebook
- West MI MRC – West Michigan Migrant Resource Council - WMMRC | Hart MI | Facebook
Annual MRC Activities (vary by Council)
- Farmworker Appreciation Event
- Pre-Season / Post-Season Conference
- Grower Meeting
- Resource Packet/Donation Distributions
For more information, contact 1-833-742-9832 or MDHHS-Migrant-Affairs@michigan.gov.