Trauma Specific Interventions
Child and Family Traumatic Stress Intervention (CFTSI)
- Ages 7-18.
- A four- to six-session secondary prevention approach for children and their families who have been exposed to violence and other traumatic events.
Trauma Affect Regulation: Guide for Education and Therapy (TARGET)
- Ages 10+.
- Educational and therapeutic approach for the prevention and treatment of post-traumatic stress disorders (PTSD).
- Ages 12-17.
- Present-focused counseling model to help people attain safety from trauma and/or substance abuse. It directly addresses both trauma and addiction, but without requiring clients to delve into the trauma narrative (the detailed account of disturbing trauma memories), thus making it relevant to a very broad range of clients and easy to implement. Any clinician can conduct it even without training as it is an extremely safe model; however, there are also many options for training.
Trauma Recovery and Empowerment Model (TREM) and (M-TREM)
- Ages 18-55.
- Group intervention for men and women that addresses a broad range of trauma symptoms and severe mental disorders and/or substance abuse problems.
Trauma Focused CBT (TF-CBT)
- Ages 3-17.
- Psychosocial treatment model designed to treat posttraumatic stress and related emotional and behavioral problems.