Skip to main content

Modify an Order

You may request a change to your child support order. There are two ways to start a child support order review:

1. If either parent receives public assistance, the Friend of the Court automatically reviews the child support order amount every 36 months. If you are not receiving public assistance, you may still request a child support order review every 36 months. Ask your Friend of the Court how to request a review. 

2. If it has been less than 36 months since the last court order review, either parent may file a court motion to change the child support order. Note: There may be a fee associated with filing a court motion - check with your local court. You will be asked to complete a case questionnaire, which is provided at the time of your review.

You will also be asked to provide information, such as:

  • Your four most recent paycheck stubs, or a statement from your employer(s) of wages and deductions and year-to-date earnings.
  • A copy of your last federal and state income tax returns, including all schedules, W-2s, and 1099s.
  • A copy of your three most recent business tax returns and/or corporation returns (if you are self-employed)
  • Any additional information that may be useful to the Friend of the Court in making a support recommendation.
  • The Child Care Verification (form FOC39e) if you are asking for reimbursement of child-care expenses.