The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Infection Prevention Resource and Assessment Team (IPRAT)
The MDHHS Infection Prevention Resource and Assessment Team (IPRAT) is a team of subject matter experts from the Communicable Disease Division.
IPRAT partners and collaborates with Local Health Departments (LHDs), Long Term Care facilities (LTCs), and other congregate settings to provide and strengthen infection prevention practice, containment strategies, and prevention plans. Get to know us!
Unsure of the latest infection prevention strategies? Click here to connect!
Sign up for infection prevention email updates.
We now have a Qualtrics survey which can allow a facility to request either a site visit or educational session.
Site visit and/or educational session request
- On-site infection control assessment response (ICAR) visit
- Virtual infection control assessment response (ICAR)
- On-site education session
- Basic personal protective equipment
- Bloodborne pathogen and sharps safety
- Clean to dirty workflow
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Enhanced barrier precautions
- Hand hygiene
- Vaccine education
- Mental health and well-being presentation from our partners at Stay Well Michigan
- Policy/procedure review
- Data review and guidance
- COVID Relief Facility (CRF) Application Tier I
- COVID Relief Facility (CRF) Application Tier II (CLOSED)
- COVID Relief Facility (CRF) Capacity Change Request for Assistance
- Effective March 1, 2023, facilities no longer need to submit capacity change requests to notify MDHHS of changes in COVID-19 bed counts. Facilities will only submit capacity change requests if seeking formal guidance and/or technical assistance from the IPRAT Unit in adapting to community conditions and/or managing COVID-19 within their facility.
- State of Michigan COVID-19 Resources
- Preparing for COVID-19 in Nursing Homes
- CMS Toolkit
- MDHHS Nursing Home COVID-19 Plan Website
Infection Prevention Printable Resources
- Infection Prevention Risk Assessment
- Infection Prevention Staffing Model
- APIC Break the Chain of Infection
- Signage Options
- Provider Infographic: Cleans Hands Count
- Spanish Version: El lavado de las manos | CDC
- CDC When and How to Wash Your Hands
- Spanish Version: Cuándo y cómo lavarse las manos | CDC
- WHO 5 Moments of Hand Hygiene
- Selected EPA-Registered Disinfectants | Pesticide Registration | US EPA
- EPA 6 Steps for Safe & Effective Disinfectant Use
- Clostridioides difficile Hospitalizations Among Michigan Residents 2016-2020
- Clostridioides difficile Deaths Among Michigan Residents 2015-2020
Infection Prevention Video Resources