The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) continues to offer potassium iodide (KI) tablets to people living or working within 10 miles of Michigan's nuclear power plants through the selected pharmacies listed below. Vouchers used to obtain KI at the pharmacies are included in the annual mailings from the plants and they may also be downloaded from this site. Vouchers can also be obtained at the pharmacies listed below. Eligible individuals and businesses that do not have KI tablets are invited to get them now. Those who already have their tablets should check the expiration date on the KI box. If it has expired, go to the pharmacy to replace it. Expired KI is not considered hazardous waste and can be discarded in the trash.
For more information, send an e-mail to email@example.com or call MDHHS at 517-335-8150.
- Fact Sheet: Michigan's Potassium Iodide (KI) Program
- Spanish translation - Fact Sheet: Michigan's Potassium Iodide (KI) Program - Spanish
- Arabic translation - Fact Sheet: Michigan's Potassium Iodide (KI) Program - Arabic
- How to Prepare Liquid KI
- Frequently Asked Questions: Michigan's Potassium Iodide (KI) Program
- Information for Physicians: Prophylactic Use of Potassium Iodide (KI) in Radiological Emergencies
|Meijer Pharmacy||1223 Phoenix St.||South Haven, MI|
|Meijer Pharmacy||1920 Pipestone Rd.||Benton Harbor, MI|
|Meijer Pharmacy||5019 Red Arrow Hwy.||Stevensville, MI|
|Meijer Pharmacy||5150 S. Franklin St.||Michigan City, IN|
|Meijer Pharmacy||1700 Telegraph Rd.||Monroe, MI|
|Meijer Pharmacy||22600 Allen Rd.||Woodhaven, MI|
|Meijer Pharmacy||26100 Vreeland Rd.||Flat Rock, MI|
|Kroger Pharmacy||850 S. Monroe St.||Monroe, MI|
|Kroger Pharmacy||3833 N. Dixie Hwy.||Monroe, MI|
|Kroger Pharmacy||20645 Gibraltar Rd.||Brownstown, MI|
|Kroger Pharmacy||23849 West Rd.||Brownstown Twp, MI|
If you live or work within 10 miles of one of Michigan's three nuclear power plants then download the voucher linked below. Print and complete the voucher, then take it to one of the participating pharmacies to redeem it for a supply of KI.
- Are you prepared to keep your family safe during an emergency? Read the information about radiological emergencies from the Centers for Disease Control.
- The Nuclear Regulatory Commission also has information on radiological emergencies and the use of KI.
- For more information regarding KI in Michigan, contact the MDHHS by calling 517-335-8150, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send mail to MDHHS, Attn: KI, PO Box 30207, Lansing, MI 48909.