Oral Health Epidemiology
Roles & Responsibilities:
This position provides epidemiological support to the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, Bureau of Disease Control, Prevention and Epidemiology, and the Division of Chronic Disease and Injury Control on all epidemiologic matters concerning the oral health. This includes data management, surveillance, epidemiologic study design and planning, statistical analysis, policy and program development, program evaluation, technical expertise and training. This position plays a key role in developing, coordinating, and maintaining the Michigan oral health surveillance system (monitors oral disease, access to oral health care, special populations who experience higher rates of oral disease, and the capacity of the oral health workforce to provide care to both special populations and the general population).
Fact Sheets and Surveillance Briefs:
- Michigan Head Start Smiles Data Brief, 2017-2018
- Oral Cancer in Michigan - 2018 Surveillance Brief
- Oral Cancer in Michigan - 2015 Surveillance Brief
- Dental Insurance among Michigan Adults
- Oral Health and Cardiovascular Disease - 2015 Fact Sheet
- Oral Health of Michigan Seniors
- 2014 Oral Cancer Fact Sheet
- Oral Health During Pregnancy, PRAMS 2004-2008
- Utilization of Oral Health Services Among Michigan Adults, BRFS 2012
- Oral Health & Diabetes Fact Sheet
- Oral Cancer Summary Report
- 2017 Oral Health Medicaid Rates by County
- Michigan Head Start Smiles Report, 2017-2018
- 2016-2017 SEAL! Michigan Report
- Michigan Senior Smiles Report: 2016-2017
- Count Your Smiles Report: 2015-2016
- Michigan Oral Health Project for the Aging
- Michigan Oral Health Surveillance Plan: 2013-2018
- Count Your Smiles Report: 2011-2012
- Burden of Oral Health Report: 2013
Jackson County Senior Smiles Survey: Michigan Oral Health Pilot Project Focused on the Aging. Poster presentation. Anderson B., Moore J., Farrell C., Nickles A.
Characteristics of Dental-Related Hospital Admissions in Michigan, 2009-2010. Poster presentation. Nickles A, Reeves M J., Lyon-Callo S, Farrell C
Characteristics of Dental-Related Hospital Admissions in Michigan, 2009-2010. Oral presentation. Nickles A, Reeves M J., Lyon-Callo S, Farrell C
- Assessment of the prevalence and predictors of dental caries and loss to follow-up: Michigan Department of Community Health Fluoride Varnish Application program. Poster presentation. Akarte N, Korzeniewski S, Vandenbush S, Grigorescu V, Deming S, Joseph L.
Epidemiologist: Beth Anderson, MPH
201 Townsend St.
P.O. Box 30195
Lansing, MI 48909