The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Sexual Risk Avoidance Education (SRAE) is a sex ed approach based on primary prevention or risk avoidance. This approach is used to address many risk behaviors for adolescents such as smoking, drug use, and underage drinking. The CDC’s Youth Risk Behavior Survey, treats “Ever had sexual intercourse” as one of the risk behaviors they measure: https://www.cdc.gov/healthyyouth/data/yrbs/pdf/YRBSDataSummaryTrendsReport2019-508.pdf. For further information go to the SRAE page.
Empowering Youth Today (EYT) is a strength based, positive youth development program that incorporates sexual risk avoidance education. It aims to provide Michigan youth, ages 10-15, the tools needed to plan their future through high school/ college and complete goals without an unplanned pregnancy.
- FYSB- Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Program https://www.acf.hhs.gov/fysb/adolescent-pregnancy-prevention
- Ascend- https://weascend.org/
- CDC- Adolescent School Health https://www.cdc.gov/healthyyouth/sexualbehaviors/index.htm
- CDC-Adolescent School Health (YRBS) https://www.cdc.gov/healthyyouth/data/yrbs/index.htm
- Regen Next https://www.regennext.com/