Skip to main content


Below are the top frequently asked questions. For a complete list click FAQ document 

  1. Who do I contact to renew my license?  Contact the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) at 1-866-685-0006, choose option 1 or visit,4601,7-154-89334_63294_27717---,00.html .
  1. Who do I contact if I do not receive my check? Contact Provider Support by phone 1-800-979-4662 or email
  1. Who do I contact to have an authorization added to receive the personal care supplement?  Authorizations can only be added by the Adult Services Worker or Community Mental Health case manager.
  1. Are model payments, Title XIX and the personal care supplement the same thing?   Yes, the personal care supplement is paid out of Title XIX funds and was previously referred to as model payments.

  2. Do I need to register my Adult Foster Care Home in CHAMPS?  No, you do not need to register in CHAMPS to receive the personal care supplement payment.

  3. How do I change my pay to address? Follow these pay to address change instructions


Return to AFC Home Page