The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Michigan Combined Application Project (MiCAP)
What are Michigan Combined Application Project (MiCAP) food benefits?
- MiCAP is a program that lets you get food benefits when you get SSI.
How can I get MiCAP food assistance? You qualify if you:
- Receive SSI.
- Have no other income.
- Are at least 18 years of age.
- Reside in Michigan.
- Are not institutionalized.
- Buy and prepare food separately from others or too disabled to do so.
What are the benefits of MiCAP?
- You can buy more groceries.
- Your interview for SSI is your interview for MiCAP.
- You can get your benefits through MiCAP without a lot of paperwork.
- We won’t ask you for copies of your personal information.
- You don’t have to report to us. Just tell Social Security about your changes and they will tell us.
- Your food benefits go into a special account and we send you a Bridge Card to use when you buy groceries. A Bridge Card works like a bankcard or debit card.
- If you have ever had a Bridge Card but you lost your card, it no longer works, etc., your benefits may be reduced when replacing your Bridge Card.
For more information call toll-free at 877-522-8050.