The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
HOW can WIC help you meet your breastfeeding goals?
?Every WIC staff member has been trained and is able to support you on your breastfeeding journey. Every local agency has an IBCLC (a healthcare professional who specializes in the clinical management of breastfeeding) available to help you.
Helpful Sites we Recommend
- WIC Breastfeeding Support: Learn Together, Grow Together
- Your Guide to Breastfeeding is full of helpful information in a magazine format.
- Preparing to Breastfeed (We’re Prepared) Checklist available in English, Spanish and Arabic
- Get Ready to Fall in Love from Coffective available in English, Spanish and Arabic.
- Find WIC Breastfeeding Support videos
- Healthy Families: Getting Started and Feeding Cues
- CDC Breastfeeding Support
- Infant Risk Center: The world’s leading research center for medication safety during pregnancy and lactation
If you’re a breastfeeding mom, our Food Packages provide more nutritious food for one year after your baby’s birth.
Breast pumps and hand expression
- U.S. FDA Guidelines on how to clean a breast pump
- Learn how to choose the correct breast pump flange video
- Learn how to hand express breast milk (English, Spanish, Arabic, Burmese, Japanese)
- CDC's guidelines on storage and preparation of breast milk