The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
WHERE can you find Michigan-specific resources?
- Find your local WIC clinic within your county
- Download the WIC Connect App to access your shopping list, benefits, etc.
- Find Michigan-specific breastfeeding resources
- Find a local breastfeeding coalition
- Find a list of Baby-Friendly Hospitals
Hospitals and birthing centers with the Baby-Friendly designation have been verified by a third-party (Baby-Friendly USA) that holds them accountable to the highest standards for mother/baby care practices related to infant feeding. These facilities are prepared to help you and your new baby get off to the best start. Staff are trained regarding the care of breastfeeding mothers and babies. Babies stay close to their mothers right after birth so that they can breastfeed as soon as they are ready. Policies allow healthy babies and their mothers to stay together day and night (rooming in) so they have the best chance to get to know each other.
- Safe Sleep for Your Baby