The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Membership is comprised of state and federal agencies that provide direct or indirect services to this population, non-profits and educational institutions, research groups, and representatives of grower interests. The structure of the IMSC includes the following:
- Convening monthly meetings. Establishing and maintaining subcommittees for specific projects and areas of concern.
- Sharing agency information through agency updates.
- Providing technical assistance and mutual support to member agencies in their work with farmworkers/farm labor issues through cross-education and other means.
- Promoting exchange of information between the IMSC and Migrant Resource Councils (MRCs).
- Making recommendations to policy makers regarding migrant programs.
- Educating the general public and policy makers about farmworkers and farm labor issues.
For more information contact Jo Estrada-Guerra, IMSC Secretary at EstradaGuerraJ@michigan.gov.