Skip to main content

Can I, as the adult adoptee, consent to the release of information about myself to my birth family by filing a statement with the Central Adoption Registry?

No. The Central Adoption Registry is a file of former parent and adult former sibling statements of consent or denial. The adopted person may wish to put something in their adoption record that indicates their intentions. Again, the adoption record would be maintained by the court that finalized the adoption and the agency that handled the adoption.