Skip to main content

I received nonidentifying information years ago about my adopted child. My child is now experiencing other problems, how can I obtain more current information?

You could check with the court and agency that handled your child's adoption to learn if there is any more current information available in their respective files. Sometimes, birth family members may ask the court or agency to place additional information in the adoption file.

You may also wish to discuss with the court whether the confidential intermediary program would be available to you as an avenue to gain additional information.