Skip to main content

I've heard of stories where adult adoptees are reunited with their birth families. Is this common?

Once the child reaches 18 years of age, s/he can contact the court that finalized the adoption or the agency that handled the adoptive placement to request information about his/her birth family. For further information on this topic, you may wish to visit the Department of Human Services site, Adoption Record Information.