Skip to main content

I'm not interested in being a foster parent, but I still want to help. What can I do?

You can become a court-appointed special advocate (CASA). You'll follow a child's case through the court system while looking out for his best interests. Tutor a foster child. Give free music or art lessons. Donate clothes, suitcases, and baby supplies. Many foster kids show up with only the clothes they have on or all their belongings in a plastic garbage bag. Provide transportation. Offer to help foster parents take their children to activities and appointments. Volunteer at the office. Provide administrative help to a foster care agency. Become a Big Brother or a Big Sister. Foster kids need role models.