Skip to main content

What can constituents do when they cannot reach their caseworker?

In most instances, constituents do not need to speak directly with their caseworker.

For example, reporting changes (new addresses, new babies, individuals leaving or joining the household, jobs ending or starting, etc.) does not require direct contact with the caseworker (see above question for details). Or, new applications for State Emergency Relief (SER) should be completed and submitted to the local offices; caseworkers do not need to be consulted before submitting SER applications.

Explanations of programs, application processing and procedure, and general questions can be directed to the MDHHS Specialized Action Center.

Application/benefit status can be checked via MI Bridges on the website or phone.